In light of the new amendments made to the ASDA Constitution, we are pleased to officially open up nominations for the 2017-2018 ASDA Executive Committee (EC) and Board positions! We are looking for passionate and hardworking students who want to get more involved and are willing to go above and beyond for Roseman ASDA and organized dentistry.
The EC positions (Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Legislative Liaison) are selected through a school-wide election process that will begin with speeches on Monday, February 20th in the D2 Classroom during lunch. Voting via GoogleForms will be open for 24 hours following the conclusion of the speeches. The newly elected members will be announced on Tuesday, February 21st. To apply, please send a Letter of Intent and/or CV to email@example.com no later than Saturday, February 18th. Job descriptions of the EC positions are attached below. Current nominations can be viewed HERE
Board positions are appointed by the new EC, with interviews being held on Monday, February 27th. To apply, please send your Letter of Intent and/or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later thanThursday, February 23rd. The Board positions are the following:
- Social Chair
- Community Outreach Chair
- Social Media Chair
- Newsletter Chair
- Historian Chair
- Vendor Relations (Fundraising) Chairs
- Health & Wellness/Ethics Chair
- Oral Cancer Foundation Chair (must be current D2 to apply)
We encourage you to reach out to the current EC and Board Chairs to learn more about the responsibilities of each position and if you have any questions. We hope you are as excited as we are for the upcoming year!
Vice President (President Elect)/Second Delegate (MUST BE CURRENT D1 TO APPLY; TWO YEAR TERM REQUIRED)
- To assist the President in the performance of his or her duties.
- To preside at chapter meetings in the absence or incapacity of the President.
- To represent the Association as ASDA second delegate, and to attend the national ASDA Annual Session and District meeting in this capacity.
- To attend student council meetings as a representative of “Roseman ASDA.”
- To serve as the Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN) Liaison.
- To automatically succeed to the office of President at the conclusion of the term of office.
- To take minutes at Association meetings and maintain records of all pertinent Association business.
- To maintain the files and facilities of the “Roseman ASDA” office (if applicable).
- To preside at chapter meetings in the absence of the other Executive Council members.
- To represent the Association as ASDA first alternate delegate and to attend the national ASDA Annual Session and District meeting in this capacity.
- To act as the official custodian of the funds and accounts of the Association and to dispense Association funds as directed by the Executive Council.
- To represent the Association as ASDA second alternate delegate and to attend the national ASDA Annual Session and District meeting in this capacity.
- To organize advocacy events at our chapter.
- To keep current with any political movements (nationally & locally).
- To help organize and facilitate attendance to the annual National Dental Student Lobby Day.
- To give political updates to the local members during the monthly chapter meetings.
- To communicate the chapter’s political interests to the national ASDA office.
- To represent the Association as ASDA third alternate delegate and to attend the national ASDA Annual Session and District meeting in this capacity.